Monday, January 2, 2012

2012


Me:

Had my family over for New Years Eve. It was nice…favorite part…my babies.  They aren’t so baby anymore but they will always be MY babies! My mom brought rolls of bubble wrap…at first I was perplexed. Were we mailing something out?? 

Once Midnight hit, duh! The bubble wrap is here to step on, jump on, dance on…which my girls did perfectly along with their cutie 3 year old cousin.  It was amazing…I didn’t think I would enjoy so much noise going on at once.  It sounded beautiful accompanied by the laughter and joy of 4 children up waaaay past their bedtime!  My eldest had her trumpet, the small ones had paper horns, noise makers and giggles…lots of giggles!

My family has this custom…they throw a pail of water out the front door at midnight.  Why? I don’t know…I should probably ask. It goes as far back as my great-grandparents (as far as I know).  Anyways, point is, we do/did that at my house now. 

Yesterday after we (the adults) had done it and minutes after the cheers dulled down a bit, my “medium” daughter strolls through the living room with her own bucket of water. She continues right out the front door and throws out her water! Lesson:  Live by example, learn by example!

Question: How are you living and what are you learning?

Today is the first day of 2012. What is going to happen this year in my life…who knows. One thing is for sure, I will still be their mom and do everything in my power to enjoy every moment. Every giggle, every question, every tear, and every teachable moment in their life.

For example, here’s a moment:

Me: I love you so much! Did you know that?
Lili: Yes, I know that.
Me: You do? How did you know that?
Lili: Because you told me mami.
Me: Why do I love you?
Lili: Because you are my best friend.
Me: I am?!
Lili: yes…*snuggle*

These are the moments…I look forward to many more throughout the year!

*Resolutions for 2012: not to come up with a list of resolutions. Choose one thing and do my best to keep myself honest. I don’t make false commitments with others so why cheat myself.? Right? So maybe making it public will help.

Here we go: During 2012, I will do my best to capture these moments in life…in writing. There I said it!

No comments:

Post a Comment