Friday, May 10, 2013

Role reversal


I am a broken record in class at times, I'm aways saying "What's easy for you may not be easy for someone else and what's easy for them may be difficult for you, don't blurt out 'that's easy'!'"

Today my biggest offender found himself in an interesting position...I paired him up with a student who usually struggles with all subjects hoping he could help him out while they worked in pairs on a measuring activity.

He had to admit that he needed help and couldn't do the activity, the other child (who usually struggles) had already done it correctly the day before. Child 2 went from struggling to teaching, and child 1 went from "that's easy" to "I can't do this".

He ended the lesson by coming to me and saying "He's a great teacher, (long pause) I didn't know I could learn from him"

Me-"It was easy for him wasn't it! Now do you see why I always say that?"

Student-"Yeah, I get it"

So many things are so great about what happened here that I had to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment