Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Racing through

It's August!!! How'd that happen?!?

July was fun! So many things going on! We went to Maine for a week. Stayed at the lake house. As always is was very relaxing. We went hiking, ate ice cream, drove the country side, picked berries and just truly enjoyed each others company.

Mid week we had the chance to do something pretty special. For as long as Anelisse has been able to speak, she has said that she wants a race car and she's going to race. Turns out there was a race track down the road from where we were staying. Opening night was that Wednesday. I secretly decided that I would take her to the opening. Wednesday evening we got lost trying to take my mom and brother hiking. Anelisse was so shaken. She did not like the small roads or not knowing where she was.  Once we found the place, everyone enjoyed it including her. As we drove off I noticed it was 7pm, the race stated at 6. Had I missed it!?

She wouldn't know the difference because I didn't tell her we were going. Me on the other hand...that's a different story. I couldn't believe I had failed her!@! We drove down to the track anyways just to see. Maybe something was still going on.

When we got there we notice a lady walking in so my brother took Anelisse by the hand and walked right in. It was so late that they were not charging. We got great seats and say the end of the race. AND THE WINNER IS.... Anelisse had a smile from ear to ear, until...."where'd the cars go???" She hadn't realized that it was over and she began to frown. Over the load speaker they announced that we would be able to go to the track for a meet and greet! in a matter of seconds Anelisse was ready and waiting at the gate as we all caught up to her! She got to sit in race cars and meet female race car drivers...It was a great moment for her and us!

Never give up I guess...the best is yet to come. It may be cliche but there's something to it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment