Saturday, March 17, 2012

Girls...

I think about them all the time...am I doing it right? What else could I be doing? I'm preparing them to be the people I think the world needs but am I preparing them for the world?

Adriana calls me every night.

-Mami where are you?
 My answer is usually: In a meeting, or on my way to a meeting.
(This is because I'm trying to make a positive change/impact in their world)

-Are you coming home late?

My answer is usually: Yes.

-Ok, be careful, I love you!

My question: Did you do your homework?

-Yes, ummm, I have some left.

I proceed to check in with the others,

Elsa, always active: Hi Mami! I did my homework! School was good! Bye! I Love you!

Anelisse: Mami? You coming home now? Why not? That's too long, See you later!

Growing up I hated this very thing...not having my parents around...choices.

On the weekends, Girl power, Girls night out, Mami and me day

Quality, not quantity is what I'm working on right now...

I guess the fact that every once in a while they stop doing what they are doing and check in with me and say..

I love you, Mami...

and go about their business could mean I'm doing something right.

Work in progress but so far so good.

Girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment